Hey everyone! Excited to be starting out on a new build this week!
This project is supported by be quiet!, kindly providing the components on which this build will be based. This build will feature the be quiet! Dark Base 700, be quiet! Straight Power 11 650W and be quiet! Silent Loop.
I run a small cnc and vinyl cutting service and I want to incorporate our own custom cut parts and graphics into this build. For these, further along in the build I will take you through the design and cut process on our cnc and hopefully get some footage of the parts being cut too.
The name for the project is Project Octane, as some of you may have guessed, this will be a Rocket League themed build. When I put the idea to be quiet!, this was what I had in mind for the case exterior, featuring team colours and graphics. Some aspects may change along the way, sometimes what you visualise doesnt fit when you start with actual products in front of you so parts of this build could change as we move along. I like builds with clean lines and aesthetics and hopefully by the time this project is done it will tick all the boxes.
For the case interior I will be adding a custom shround for the front mounted radiator, the radiator will be behind a custom panel and placed at an angle for better viewing. There will also be custom made cable combs, cable management slots and PSU basement cover. Its hard to describe these so il go into these further along in the build. The Silent Loop will also be customised with new tubing and cpu block design.
I wanted to build on the be quiet! Dark Base 700 for a number of reasons including the modular design, size, build quality, the seemingly large number of mod possibilities, full glass side panel, built in fan controller and RGB lighting, I/O and psu basement area.
The case arrived this week, well packaged and in my eagerness to get started I forgot to take some pictures of the unboxing
First off is to strip down case down as far as possible, this thing really is easy to take apart! There are no sharp edges and everything is very well put together. First impressions leave an imprint and the Dark Base 700 is off to a good start here leaving me full of confidence this project will be a sucess. Below, I am stripping down the front panel ready for painting. The air intake grilles I have decided will be orange and I have an idea for the back feet too but we will come to that later in the project.
Im really excited about this project and I cant wait to get cracking with the painting, slow and steady wins the race so stay tuned and follow along, I will be updating the thread as often as I can, hope you will come along for the ride!