We were lucky enough to get our hands on a be quiet! Pure Base 500DX prior to launch for an update to our popular Pure Pastel build, taking what we had built, transferring it to the Pure Base 500DX and making some improvements along the way.
This is a case we have been really excited about since news broke that it was to come to market so today we will be taking a closer look at the refinements it brings over from its little sister.
The be quiet! Pure Base 500DX arrives in plain brown cardboard box packaging, unlike higher-end cases from be quiet! that feature more artistic designs.
Listed on the side of the packaging are the specifications for this unit that include;
- Motherboard Compatibility – ATX, M-ATX, Mini-ITX
- Case Type – Mid Tower
- PSU Form Factor – ATX PS/2
- Steel Construction
- 7.83 Kg Net Weight
- I/O – 1x USB Type C Gen 2, 1x USB 3.0, HD Audio & LED Switch
- PCI Slots – 7
- Max 5x 2.5 Drive Bay Capacity
- Max 2x 3.5 Drive Bay Capacity
- 3x Preinstalled be quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm Fans
- Front Cooling – 120mm, 140mm, 240mm, 280mm, 320mm
- Top Cooling – 120mm, 240mm
- Rear Cooling – 120mm, 140mm
- 180mm CPU Cooler Max Height
- PSU Max Dimensions – 258mm / 225mm Depending on HDD Cage Position
- GPU Max length – 369mm
- ARGB Switchable – White, Red, Green, Blue, Orange, Purple with motherboard control also provided.
The rear of the packaging gives more detailed information regarding the components and structure of the Pure Base 500DX with an exploded view.
Sliding the case out of the box gives a first real look at that tempered glass side panel and newly designed front panel while still wrapped in transport protection.