Our Pure Pastel build has been really long in the making, we got hit by backorders and delays to deliveries but now it’s somewhere near.
While progress has been slow it has also given me some time to reflect on how I planned the build, the issues I have faced and the changes that needed to be made. To start, the Alphacool pump placement was tight, I mean really, really tight and I didn’t know if it would even work with what I had planned. the pump sits so tight that the top inlet blank screws touch the bottom of the acrylic cover plate that is seen from above. Even getting the reservoir to connect to the pump was a real challenge and you can see just how tight it is below.
After getting the pump installed it was time to move on to the hard-line runs, this was my first go at hardline tubing and the Alphacool Eiskoffer Bending Kit was a godsend. A few meters of acrylic was wasted before I really got my eye in and the hand of bending.
As you can see from above, the tubing runs went quite well but I knew deep down that I had to start over again for one simple reason, cables. One of my first builds used pass-throughs for cable extensions and I did think about using them on this build. I decided against it but halfway through running everything it dawned on me that I made the wrong choice. Back to the drawing board and CNC for another cut on the back wall panel.
While another panel was cut and painted, I ordered in some Bitfenix cable extensions and got to work. I went for the Alchemy 2.0 Kit plus some additional wires in blue to match our theme.
The results from the recut panel and cable combo made me know I made the right choice here. It looked so much better and rally set off the theme for this build.
Next up on deliveries was the Firecuda 520 Gen 4 SSD from Seagate. This 500Gb version will host the OS for this build and a massive thank you to Seagate for getting this to me.
Once the drive was installed and I bent all the lines it was time to fill this puppy up and check for leaks. Again another shout out, this time to Mayhems for their Blue Pastel coolant package they sent over.
Today them I have installed the OS and have the system all up and running, in fact, I am typing on this build as you read this! Its done, at last, a long old build for quite a simple project.
For now, I leave you with a taster and final pics to follow this week. After that it’s on to my EVGA build that has been delayed by a couple of months, after that I have a really, really special project coming for you all!